Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Jared's an 8th Grader!



We are shocked that Jared is in 8th grade...one more year of middle school and this cool dude is going to be in High School!  It's crazy how time flies, but he is set up for a strong year!  He's taking Advanced Science (high school credit) and Spanish I (high school credit) along with core 8th grade Math, Literature, Social Studies, and PE/Health.  I'm excited for him to meet lots of friends, get into a good routine, join wrestling club and the middle school team, join clubs he's interested in, and to experience a large school that's ranked extremely high.  This year isn't going to be easy, but I'm confident it will be great!  Ryan and I are here to guide him, encourage him, be his sounding board if he wants us to be, and constantly support him!  Oh love him like crazy even when he cringes!!

We started off the morning with pancakes and OJ, some Lira snuggles, then pictures and one last review of his schedule and any questions he still had.  He seemed much calmer this morning than I had anticipated, so that was a huge relief!  


It's a new school for him, but when we toured the school, there were tons of new 8th graders which was a huge relief for all of us. There are definitely lots of advantages of going to a big school, but there will be a fair amount of adjustments that will have to happen and we are ready.  Luckily if the first few weeks are a bit stressful we have the beach to run to for an hour of swimming and escaping from reality!  

I tried not to embarrass him too much this morning with pictures, so I made sure we took some out back and then a couple out front, but I didn't go down to the bus stop to take pictures although other moms did who are obviously way less cool than I am!  Joking!  Poor kid had enough to worry about with a new school, block scheduling, and the list goes on, that I wasn't about to make him any more nervous.  Lira did a great job at comforting him this morning!  She's such a sweet puppy and really knows when someone needs an extra dose of her love!  



Off to the bus he went and Lira and I waited on the front porch as the bus went by.  I want her to get into a routine of knowing when the yellow bus goes by it's walk time! She will learn real quick!



I'm sure this year will be great, but I'll be sure to keep you updated! In honor of Jared's first day of 8th grade and all the children starting the 2015-2016 year off, I will leave you with a quote from one of Jared's favorite authors:

LISTEN TO THE MUSTN'TS

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child,
      Listen to the DON'TS
      Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WONT'S
      Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me-
      Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be
 
* * *
"Listen to the Mustn'ts" from Where the Sidewalk Ends. Copyright © 1974 by Evil Eye Music, Inc. Reprinted with the permission of HaperCollins Publishers, Inc.

Much love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!