Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Review of New Year's Resolutions

{1} Attend my college Homecoming with my best friends, Sarah and Delia, and hopefully a whole slew of friends.  I haven't been to a single homecoming since I graduated and I miss my old stomping grounds.  This will be happening this fall, so I will keep ya'll updated!
{2} Run a half marathon with my best friend in a city somewhere between Virginia Beach and Detroit because those are the two locals that we are currently residing.  I love excuses to see my bestie!  I've already signed up for the Virginia Beach Rock N Roll Half Marathon, so this one is getting accomplished!  The only catch is how well I will actually do.  Next weekend we will see... eek!
{3} Complete another mud run or color me rad...basically a fun run for a cause and a good excuse to get really dirty!  I'm still a kid at heart! I've done two color me rads, a mud run and a sand run!  Done and Done!
{4} Catch more sunrises.  I want to get my sleep loving booty out of bed and head to the beach with a coffee in hand and a camera slung over my should to catch some beautiful sunrises!  I think this will be good for me mentally.  Oh boy...I am NOT a morning person.  This one is rough for me.  I'm failing big time.
{5} Graduate Bronze II in ten dances and compete in the DC Freestyles this spring! Done and Done!  I'm officially a Bronze III ballroom dancer!  Whoop Whoop!
{6} Be calmer, less paranoid, and generally happier.  I'm not going into detail, but I need work in these areas.  The past few years have put a toll on my mental and emotional calmness and joy of life and I absolutely hate it, so, I AM CHANGING IT. Period. I'm working on it continually...succeeding at times and failing at times, but realizing when I failed and correcting it much quicker than I have in the past.  Improving.
{7} Instill some efficiency to the chores  - I am thinking a load of laundry a day, dusting on Tuesdays, Vacuuming on Thursdays, bathrooms on Saturdays or something...I feel as if I spend my weekends cleaning and contrary to popular belief, I do NOT love to clean.  Do I make the best of it? Yes. Is it how I want to spend my down time? No. Some weekends I rock at this and I love it!  I definitely have been breaking up the cleaning and enjoying more free time on my weekends.  Baby steps.
{8} Read 24 books this year - 2 per month - and blog about them.  I'm doing pretty good! An official list will come out within the next week about all the books I've read this year. 

{9} Floss every single day...I am not the best at this :( Heck yea!  I'm rocking at this!

{10) Go on a real vacation to somewhere exotic, not to visit family.  This is happening, but I'm not sharing the details yet. 

Overall, I'm doing pretty darn good!  How are you doing with your New Years Resolutions?!?

Much love.

2 comments:

  1. I just looked at my list hanging on the fridge. My answer...Basically horrible! But I am ready to give it another shot starting today...the year's not over yet! Thanks for the incentive, my go-getter daughter!

    Love,
    Your well-intentioned Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!