2012 was filled with change, as are most years, but some more than others. Lots of good happened, but I didn't handle the changes well mentally and it definitely has left its toll. I am really strongly hoping and praying that 2013 is better for me mentally and emotionally.
Here are the ups from 2012,
- I started dancing with Arthur Murray and competed in DC! This was Very Good, actually Amazing for me!
- I went from unemployed gal with her masters to an employed gal! I was in need of something to occupy my time, but as with most jobs, the first 6 months are spent learning the dynamic of the office, what people really mean by certain questions, what your job really is, etc. Those 6 months are over (Thank God!) and I am finally enjoying my job. Working full time has also put a toll on my family. I leave before Ryan, get home after him. It's a change from being a graduate student, that's for sure. I'd take being a grad student any day of the week...if only I could earn a living that way :)
- I ran my first 8k race, 8k sand run and 5k mud run.
- Little man started CCD. He is on his way to being baptized!
- Ryan and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary.
I already posted my 2013 resolutions and I will achieve them, but throughout the year, I need to work on living in the moment and just enjoying life. My life is amazing! I need to quit the worrying and just live in the moment and soak it all up.