Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Recaparoo

Sunday night has come again, but lucky it's a short week and I get to spend some much needed quality time with my family.  Just the thought of hiking with my family, cooking with my mom, doing some wood crafting with my pops, and cuddling like a little girl with my siblings in front of the fireplace, makes me giddy!  I adore my family! 

I'm quite relaxed at this very moment being all snug underneath clean sheets and bedding with my bed lamp on and iPod playing some Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros.  Weekend reminiscing sessions might happen like this more often.  The only thing missing is a glass of wine and some candles.  Heck, a bubble bath wouldn't hurt either.  If only computers were waterproof. 

This weekend was eventful!  Friday after work I got some Christmas shopping done and went to a lovely wine tasting at Grape & Gourmet!  The wines being sampled were heavenly to the pallet.  Individual flavors were prominent in a subtle and very appealing way.  I purchased two different bottles to take to my parents for Thanksgiving!  I can't wait to hear what my thinks about them.  After a little wine and some very enjoyable conversation, I headed over to the dance studio!  A quick change in the restroom and I was Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island!  Pigtails do wonders for me :)  As always, I danced the night away and had an absolute blast!  Dancing makes me feel alive.  Ahh, I love it!  And I LOVE the people..my friends...at the studio!  Without them, it wouldn't be the same!  They are amazing!

 
Saturday started off with a bang!  I whipped up some eggs, french toast and bacon for breakfast and then headed off to a crossfit fundraising event!  Crossfit is insane.  It was my first experience and while it was a good one overall, I am not addicted like most people I know.  I had to run a quarter of a mile, do five 60 lb. dead lifts, 20 push-ups, 20 pull-ups, and 60 jumps over a bar...4 times. I did really good for never doing half this stuff until the last 20 pull-ups.  They were an epic fail.  I actually ran outside and puked.  All that tells me is I pushed myself.  I felt great afterwards and while I am sore today, it's a good sore, a sore that says I pushed myself and I will get stronger.  They had an awesome setup for the kids too!  Little man played falg football, tug of war, ran an obstacle course and was able to play several other intense games with crazy boys his age!  It was a blast all around!  Monday morning update: my shoulders are KILLING me. Oh my heavens! I can't even wash my hair properly. Agh!

 
Saturday evening was eventful as well...  A few friends and I went to Localpalooza in Virginia Beach.  It was advertised as a ton of bands, venues, vendors, crafts, etc... It was really a bar crawl.  Not cool.  Not cool.  Being that my friends are awesome and enjoy a few drinks, we made the most of it!  I definitely danced like an old crazy hippie, but when does that not happen.  That's totally normal, right?  For me...yes it is :)

Sunday!!  Oh Sunday was a good day for little man.  He was welcomed to the Church, blessed by father, blessed by the congregation and blessed by me.  We went out for breakfast to celebrate!  He got his shirley temple, french toast and bacon while I nibbled on scrambled eggs stuffed with veggies and scarfed down some weak coffee!  I am a total coffee snob now. 


It's Giving Tree/Advent Angel time at church, so little man and I headed to Target to get a 5 year old girl her one wish this Christmas...the NEW JUSTIN BEIBER CD!  We ended up getting her that, his Christmas CD and a cute outfit.  It's important to teach the lesson of giving to other who are less fortunate.  I made sure that I didn't buy a single thing for us while we were there.  This trip was solely for the purpose of a little girl who has far less than we do and is in need of a little Christmas cheer.  I was proud of little man for being so focused on getting an outfit that he thought she would really like!
 
 
The rest of the weekend was consumed with cleaning...my car is cleaner than it has been in months, the laundry is done, linens are changed, floors are swept, closet is organized...ahh it feels so good to have a clean house!
 
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!  Don't forget to slow down and enjoy what really matters in life...the blessings God has given us...family, friends, nature's wonders. 

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!