Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never Forget September 11th 2001


Never forget those who sacrificed their lives on September 11th 2001 and since then. This country is blessed with so many brave and honorable men and women, both those on our frontline, the silent petitioners, the families that support and love from the homeland, and the list goes on.

I vividly remember being a sophomore in high school right outside of Philadelphia, walking from Chem study to lunch when my English teacher pulled me into his classroom to watch reruns of the first plane flying into the World Trade Tower. After standing there in shock and asking “what does this mean?” I was sent to my 4th period lunch. As I walked into the cafĂ©, the second plane hit. It was at that moment that we knew we were under attack and that this was not an accident. Panic struck. Parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, loved ones of all relations were contacted…or attempted to be contacted. We were sent home immediately.

I walked into my house, hugged my mom intensely and quietly sat in front of the TV for the rest of the day while events played out…the pentagon, United Flight 93 that was heroically taken over and crashed by innocent passengers. The world seemed quiet. I remember walking outside, seeing the sun shine bright in the sky and thinking why? I was confused, lost, hurt, saddened, and really angry. I still am.

God Bless all those who love this beautiful nation and especially those who sacrifice their lives for our freedom. You are loved. You are always in my prayers.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!