Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Little Weekend Recap & Cute Puppy Pictures

This weekend had absolutely no plans aside from a 5k on Sunday morning.  That is a rarity for this household, so with that, we did what we wanted to do when we wanted to...for the most part. 
 
Friday.
Friday night I came home to an empty house because the boys were golfing.  While that may be sad to some, it was a nice for me after the week I had.  I quickly vacuumed, emptied the dish washer, and swept all while rocking out to some tunes!  It was oddly nice to be alone and do something monotonous without anyone looking over my shoulder. 
Dinner was made and the boys were watching some boy movie...like Rambo or Rocky or Star Wars.  I've seen all far too many times, so I headed to my dance studio to get an hour of practice in.  It was a great decision.  I danced a wonderful waltz, tango, foxtrot and hustle with my instructors and then I danced some rumba, cha cha and salsa with another student that has some great moves and was super patient with me. It felt great to dance out some stress. 
I came home to a text "come play board games with us" from my bestie down here, so across the street we went! It was a trivia game and Ryan kicked butt.  I knew some random questions that no one else knew thanks to my Catholic upbringing, but overall, I appeared to be pretty challenged at this game.
 
Saturday.
Oh Saturday how I love you!  I slept in and woke up to a text at 9:30 asking me if I wanted to run.  My first thought was, run with you?  Hell no.  You are fast, male and totally going to dominate me.  Then the overly ambitious Sarah came out and said you can do it. Well, I did go on the run, but I was slow...really slow.  The drinks the night before and the lack of any prep probably didn't help, but then again, I might just not be a good runner.  I do it, but I've never claimed to be good at it.
After the run, I mowed the lawn, hedged the bushes and went golfing. Active day.  The evening commenced with Mass with a few friends and a spur of the moment potluck with three other couples at my house!  The guys were glued to Saving Private Ryan and the girls sat around the table and chatted.  It was a very nice ending to a busy day. 
 
Sunday.
Jared and I did the 5k Hero's Run for 9/11 victims (I blogged about it earlier) and then came home and relaxed.  Ryan was golfing while we were running.  Once we were all showered and very hungry, we headed over to the Parish Picnic where Jared played games and ate far too many sweets, while we socialized and stood in line for food tickets.  The weather could not have been better and the company was very enjoyable.
 



Little Lira got a trim today.  I basically chopped her...not on purpose, but she wanted nothing to do with getting her hair cut, so I had to hold her down and did the best I could as quickly as I could.  I've seen worse...I've done worse.  The cooler weather and haircut has added some spunk to her personality.  She has been doing figure eights around the house for quite some time :) Enjoy some photos of her eating grass in the backyard...
 



Farewell weekend...you will be missed.

I'm off to enjoy a cup of tea and a good book.  Night.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!