Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

God loves you.

God loves you.  He will always love you. Don’t confuse this with God loving your actions because God does not love all of your actions.  This was the message that was enthusiastically delivered to my little sister’s group of confirmation candidates.   The bishop also spoke about the Holy Spirit descending upon the candidates and instilling in them special gifts, gifts that they will need in life.  These gifts are not generic, but rather extremely personal and specific to each individuals life purpose.  I felt special because I was reminded that I too have special gifts and while not everyone may appreciate me for who I am, I am this way for a reason and I should let myself shine and be confident in the woman I am, the beliefs I hold and the life I am creating.  The bishop did a wonderful job at connecting with the candidates and the entire congregation.  Regardless of faith or denomination, God loves us all and we are all special in our own unique way. It was truly a beautiful message.


Being confirmed is an extremely special moment for the confirmande and very emotional for the sponsor and parents.  I don’t know what came over me, but I was teary-eyed the entire Mass, but especially when she was Confirmed.  It was a very powerful moment for me. 


My little sister chose me to be her Confirmation Sponsor and I was beyond honored to fulfill that role in her life.  She is the sweetest, most genuine young lady that I know.  She’s free-thinking, has a silent confidence, is very independent yet is still in need of cuddles from her parents, and is extremely loving.  I admire her for being true to herself all the time.  She’s beautiful on the inside and out as you can see.



My family...well part of my them...proud of Miss Bonnie.   


Much love.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sarah, and just what I needed today! You and Bonnie both make my heart overflow with love! XXOO Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! I'm glad I was able to add some love and smiles to your day :)

      Delete
  2. I've been a sponsor twice and agree it is emotional. Congratulations to your sister and thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been a sponsor three times because I am one of the only practicing Catholics in my family, but the first two times I was much younger. This ones was just so meaningful to me. I think I needed the reminder just as much as my sister desired to be confirmed. A little reminder is nice and needed sometimes.

      Delete

I love comments!