Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Little Inspirational Goal Setting

My mini bucket list.  This is an idea I saw on Kelle Hampton’s blog and fell in love with it.  As some of you either know, have deduced, or are in for a surprise…I AM IN A FUNK. a. bad. one. BUT, oh yes there is a but, I am determined to get out of it and I think a mini bucket list might be just the catalyst.  Since I love lists and pretty much function by them these days, when I saw Kelle’s mini week bucket list, I thought genius, why didn’t I think of that one?!?  Well, thank you for thinking of it for me Kelle; here’s to hoping it works.

Betty’s Mini Weekly Bucket List:
1.       Go on evening walks at least twice this week…company optional.
2.       Swim in the ocean & walk along the beach
3.       Edit photos from this weekend, PRINT them, FRAME them creatively, and BLOG about them.
4.       Try a new recipe
5.       Send out Mother’s Day cards with J-man’s baseball photo in it (Yes, I am horribly late with these.  The presents made it, but the cards didn’t.)
6.       Send a present to a lovely friend who is expecting.
7.       Enjoy a glass of wine, good music, fresh air and candles on the back porch.
8.       Smile…a lot. Even if it’s hard.
Do you have any mini goals for this week?  I’d love to hear about them.  You never know who you are going to inspire!
Much love.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not the biggest fan of lifelong bucket lists (they always make me feel boring, because the only thing I can think of wanting to do before I die is to ride in a hot air balloon... that's it), but I do love the idea of short term bucket lists and yours sounds like a good one! I may tweak yours to meet my needs. Funk be gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a bucket list before, but not for any specific reason. I can think of a lot I would like to do, but then I start to think "who would do it with me?" and the list never gets made. This short term bucket list is very doable and very in the moment. The walks are really helpful. After making homemade chicken and vegetable soup and bread, I realized how much I miss the kitchen. Work has put a wrench in my kitchen creativity.

      Delete

I love comments!