Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Froufrou Fridays

Ahh!  Friday is finally here.  Some Fridays are just welcomed with a bit more gusto than other Fridays and today is one of those gusto welcoming Fridays!  This week was extra trying for me between husband being gone, folders left at school, reteaching times tables, classes, exams (which I rocked, I think), cleaning, food shopping with coupons and kiddo in toe, lonely nights...you get the picture.  To top it all off, I've been in a very impatient mood.  (Sorry to all those impacted.)

Solutions to my nasty mood:

Date Night.

Sand Castles.
Yes, yes indeed, seeing sand castles (hopefully this weekend with husband, kiddo and some friends) will make me giddy!  I hope it's a picture perfect day so that I can have fun taking pictures, dip my tootsies in the ocean, run like a kid and feel carefree! 

Crafts.
Today I am crafting...I can't post a picture because it is a present!  It's simple, but thoughtful and I think I might make a few for myself if I have time this weekend!

Browsing the Internet...
Led me to this wonderful site and in particular to this freakin awesome idea for a plant holder, Apartment Therapy!
magopener081808.jpg
Umm...yes, those are magazines which I have a ton of!  From reading blogs about different people trying it, I think the optimal amount of magazines to use is about 10 and the stronger the spine the better!  Luckily, I tend to hoard magazines because there might be something I'll want to refer back to one day...Hello Sarah, that's what the internet is for.  :)  So, this weekend, I am going to put those magazines to use and make some stands!  I don't know that I will use them for plants since my house isn't optimal for plants that need a good amount of sunlight and those are generally the plants I tend toward, but I will definitely use it for something - picture holder...decoration on a bookshelf that needs a little pizazz...who knows?!?!

Spook.
Meet Mr. Ghost #1.  There are ton's of Mr. Ghosts in our front tree and most look like they are float away and no longer hang in suspension.  October is right around the corner!  I feel like I September just started.  Eek!  Where is time going? 

Happy Friday!

Much love.

2 comments:

  1. I love October/Halloween too. Do you have any costumes planned for this year?

    It's tough being home alone at night. I hate it when Chris works till midnight and I have to go to bed alone. It's hard with kids too because it feels like you don't get a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. October/Halloween is an awesome time of year!Ryan won't be home for Halloween (tear), so all my creative "couple" costumes are out the window. I think Jared wants to be Luke Skywalker and Lira is going to be a skunk, but I don't know what I will be. Possibly an 80's workout instructor... Do you have any halloween costumes planned for your kids?!

    Being home alone at night is really hard. It's the going to bed alone part that gets to me. I've been having a hard time adjusting to being a fulltime stepmom and with Ryan being gone so much, it only makes it more challenging. I know it will get easier, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to balance things and still make time for myself. I hate the way I feel right now. :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!