Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Making a house a home

Our house may be small, but it is perfect for us and with each passing day it becomes more of a home. Gardens are growing, furniture is being updated, gates are breaking, tiki torches are being glowing, little Amura is growing, dinners are made with love, and Ryan is home much more! Ryan being home alone makes this house a home for me! Home is where the heart is and my heart is with him, so wherever he floats, my heart floats as well. Having Ryan home to put the new hardware on Jared's dresser was a rare moment and a photo opp indeed! There's something about a man, my man, using his hands even though this is completely minor in the handyman world, it is big in the sentimental world! Jared has a dresser and it is black with brushed nickle hardware! Very manly and a perfect fit for his room.




Little Amura still makes her daily visits in early morning and early evening when the sun isn't beating down turning our yard into a sauna. Ryan and I both talk to her and while she freezes at first, she eventually starts twitching her ears and then continues to nibble. She's growing like a weed and still cuter than ever!



What's a home without a garden?!?! Our herbs, peppers and tomatoes are growing like crazy! There is a huge sense of pride watching them grow. As a child, my parents always told me to water the plants and I would mope out there and do it, but now, I have a completely different outlook on watering plants. If I don't do it, they will wither away and die; they depend on me and my pocket depends on them. I don't want to have to buy basil, tomatoes, peppers, parsley, squash, etc. all summer if I can just grow them in my backyard! Oh and the bunny has stopped eating them, Thank God!




We have a big weekend ahead filled with lots of family. I will write about it next week and will hopefully have a ton of photos to share with you!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!