Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Family & Faith

Life is a never ending lesson. No matter where you turn, if you are open to it, there is a lesson, moral, style to me learned. You may not realize it in the moment, in the year, or even in the decade, but at some point in your life you will be reminded of that life learned lesson. Having faith and living my faith are two lessons that have been instilled in me from infancy, yet sometimes I completely ignore what I know I should be doing. I get caught up in drama, am insecure at times I should stand tall, let frustration and worry overtake the person I strive to be...and then the reminder of the lesson I've learned so many times steps into my life to say Hi! This reminder came at my grandfather-inlaw's memorial service. He had several loves in life, but above all, he had family and faith.
It was family that we celebrated that weekend. A wonderful generation was created and lives strong today. Four generations stand tall and are bound to each other by blood and love.
Father and son...

Uncle and niece...

Cousins and siblings...


Grandmothers, grandsons and great granddaughters...


Cousins...


Cousins...


Uncle and nephew...


Aunt and niece...


Uncle and niece...


Mothers and children...Siblings...


Father and sons...


Husband and wife...


Cousins and grandchildren...


Father and son...


Cousins and great grandchildren...


The weekend was emotional, but family and faith held us together and made us strong. Words cannot express the love shared by this wonderful bunch for their amazing Husband, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather & Friend.

Much love.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, the pictures are amazing. I'm holding it together over here, but I was really upset I couldn't be there with everyone to celebrate big Don's life. I'm glad everyone got to be together again and am still counting down the days til we can have another red wine phone call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, it was really nice. I didn't write much about it, but I will tell you anything and everything you need or want to know. It was beautiful, emotional, and surreal. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!