Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Couponing

In an effort to be faithful to one of my New Years Resolutions...being thrifty...I have recently started couponing. It is not easy, but it is satisfying when you save over 50% of the value of your purchase.


Thankfully, I have a good friend who is a coupon pro and has been guiding me. Apparently sticking with it and being organized, knowing store policies, and finding a few great websites to follow are key. Several stores double coupon that are under $1 and most accept a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon.


I have been doing it for a little over two weeks and when I use coupons, I save anywhere from 50% to 80% and that is pretty sweet! Granted, I am not saving that on my entire order, I am only saving that on items that I have coupons for. Ryan and I are not 100% brand loyal people which is good, but we do have preferences and we eat a lot of fresh food which rarely has coupons. I don't plan to be an Extreme Couponer, but it would be really nice to be able to live off of $200 or less in groceries each month. When it is just me at home, that is easy peasy, but when the hubby and kiddo are here, that will be a little more difficult. Luckily, if I stick with it, my savings should only increase!


Since I am not working (I know you this doesn't bother you honey), it bothers me to spend money on myself. But when I can save with coupons, I feel much better if I have to spend money on myself or any luxuries like the $13 mojito from Date Night!


Resources:


The coupons in a Sunday paper


Facebook has a lot of pages that are geared toward saving/couponing


Restaurant.com is great for dinner dates and gifts!


There are also a ton of blogs about couponing such as KrazyCouponlady, CouponChallenge, but the food stores are geared toward my area of the country.


I will continue to update you on my progress. Wish me luck! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I will be sure to try to direct you in the proper direction.


On a free note, I won a beautiful pair of earrings this weekend. They are silver teardrop hoops with crystally looking diamonds on them. On a thrifty note, I purchased a dresser for my stepson's room! It is three large drawers, painted black which is the color we planned on painted any dresser we got and it does not have any hardware. We will have to get some at Home Depot and they just happen to give a 15% military discount! Pictures to come!




Much love.

2 comments:

  1. www.southernsavers.com
    www.thefrugalgirls.com
    www.moneysavingmom.com
    www.couponmom.com
    www.couponing101.com

    These are the sites I check out... they might have good deals for your area, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I use a few of these sites, but not all of them. Thank you for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!