Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

We Have A One Month Old

Maxwell has brought us so much joy over the past month!  Each day he is changing and making us smile bigger and bigger!  His coos are absolutely precious and he’s definitely smiling more and more!   At his one month doctors appointment this morning he weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and 21.25 inches!  He has gained a pound and a half since he came home from the hospital weighing 5lbs 13oz.  The doctor is very happy with his weight gain and his overall development!  It was such a relief to know he's gaining weight properly!  One of the many worries I have since I am exclusively breastfeeding him. 




First Month Memories:
  • Bath time is his favorite!  He can go from screaming because he hates being cold to completely and utterly peaceful from the warm water!  He could hang out in the warm bath water all day long.  It’s still a two-person evolution because he can’t hold his head completely steady yet.
  • His head control is getting much much better and he loves to sit leaning against my knees and "talk" to me! 
  • His open mouth nursing kisses are my absolute favorite!!  Ahhh!!  I love love love them!!
  • Ryan feeds him a bottle after his nightly bath which is a nice bonding time for them and gives me a little time to get things done...like this blog post or pump for the next night's feeding!
  • Jared and Max bro it out and watch youtube videos!  Jared is really amazing with him!
  • Ryan and I went on a 45 minute date to Chili's while my parents were here and Jared took complete care of Maxwell!  He soothed him, changed his diaper, swaddled him, and was the perfect big brother!  We really couldn't ask for a better big brother for Maxwell!  
  • Every single time he nurses, he farts and poops loudly.  It's hilarious!
  • Lira loves to lick her "hairless puppy" and smell his bottom.  She's really sweet with him.  
  • We take Lira on daily walks and Maxwell loves his ergo! He gets to stay nice a cozy snuggled up to my chest.  It was a great investment.  
  • He is sleeping an average of 3-4 hours and then 2-3 hours each night, so I am getting 6ish broken hours of sleep and my body has learned how to handle it for the most part with only one cup of coffee in the morning.  
  • He has learned how to kick his legs when he has to poo.  It's pretty adorable! The faces and sounds he makes are filled with determination. 
  • His favorite book is "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" I think it's because there is such a large contrast between the pictures and the background along with its repetitive nature.
  • On his One Month Birthday he went to church and was blessed!














To document his growth, my wonderful friend will be taking monthly mommy & me pictures for me and
I will be taking them for her and her son who is one day younger than Maxwell!  I foresee a wonderful
friendship in these baby boy's futures and I am so excited about it! 

Our First Month Milestone Mommy & Me Mini Photoshoot












Pictures are so exhausting! Sorry kiddo, your mama is a photographer!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!