Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Last Week of my 2nd Trimester

We are in shock that it's the last week of my 2nd trimester.  Where has the time gone?!  We still need to work on the nursery a lot, but at least it's painted and the dresser is getting its third coat of paint.  I know that all of the sudden it will come together, but right now I look at it and I feel like I am so behind.  I still need to get the crib, a bookshelf, the rocker (which is on my registry), artwork, and possibly a rug.  Yikes!  Luckily, we have a house full of love, tons of clothing, and a rock n play for his to use in the meantime!  Oh and stroller to get this mama back in shape!  


So, this second trimester has been interesting and is only getting better.  I was hit with insomnia around 20 weeks to the point where if I got more than 2 hours of sleep it was a miracle and when I had a random evening of 5 hours of sleep, I was over the moon excited!  Over the past few days I have sleeping much better though, so let's hope and pray that I am exiting the insomnia phase for at least a little while.  I really do love sleep and so does this growing body of mine.  


My glucose test was around 25 weeks and I passed which I was certain I was going to because I definitely enjoy sweets from time to time, but I always have, so that's nothing new!  I'm also not anemic, so that's good because I have been in my past.  Oh and the orange drink was not bad at all in my opinion.  I was prepared for the worst sweet drink possible, but was pleasantly surprised with the taste and was really happy that it was ice cold.  I actually started to get a brain freeze while chugging it.  While the glucose test went just fine, my doctor's appointment wasn't the best.  Doc told me I was gaining too much weight.  I was shocked because I literally have only gained weight in my belly and boobs and I have been working out on a fairly consistent basis.  But for real, my boobs have doubled in size.  That has to count for some of the weight gain.  Plus little dude has grown big time over the past five weeks.  I started "showing" around 17 weeks and I started really showing between 20 and 25 weeks.  I am carrying low and out.  Little boy loves to be really really low to the point that I can't even sit at times.  Now that he is much bigger, I can feel him nuzzle himself into his cozy spot and I just recline and get comfy for a little bit until he moves north.  


Movements have been much more frequent!  I feel him move pretty consistently and when I don't feel him for an hour, if I drink cold milk or eat a little something, he starts bouncing away!  I say bouncing because I generally feel him bounce from my bladder and poke me in my upper stomach!  Ryan feels him a lot and I love it!  There is something so sweet about Ryan putting his hand on my belly and little boy nudging at him!  


Lira has become insanely protective of me.  He growls at other dogs that come near me, sleeps curled up next to her "bump", and follows me from room to room all day long.  When Ryan and Jared are home, she is less protective, but during the day she checks up on me constantly.  It's pretty adorable and has become much more prevalent recently.  I definitely have to make her a dog bed to match the nursery because I have a feeling she is going to be spending a lot of time in there guarding her little brother!  

Oh and Lira approves of the ergo baby carrier that we purchased!


Still absolutely no cravings and no heartburn!  I'm quite happy about both of these because I hear heartburn can be crazy painful and cravings can just be flat out annoying.  I don't really want to be the  wife who asks her husband to get something at 2am although Harris Teeter is open 24 hours, so if I do have crazy cravings, they could be satisfied. hehe!  Don't worry babe, I don't plan on this one happening and I think I will be totally fine without a 2am run to the grocery store.  As for the  lack of heartburn, I guess we are going to have a bald little dude!  

All in all, this pregnancy has been pretty easy on me, compared to the stories I have heard from others and I feel great!  Having a husband that thinks you are gorgeous, a stepson who wants to please you, a mom to bounce everything off of, and a dad to provide some comic relief have all been added bonus'!  Love you all!!
13 weeks plus a few days to go (ish)! We can't wait to meet you baby boy, but mommy and daddy want you to stay in there for another 13 weeks to make sure you are all ready to meet this crazy awesome family of yours!!  Love you!!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!