Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Book Review: Capturing Life Through Better Photography

Tamara Lackey’s Capturing Life Through (better) Photography
By Tamara Lackey
Gift Set
I’m always looking to improve my photography skills and I refuse to pigeon hole myself.  I have found some methods work better than others for me, but I know I am far from polished as a photographer.  I have a lot to learn and am eager to immerse myself in as much knowledge as possible.  You never know when inspiration will hit?  Sometimes you need a little nudge in one direction or another to make you realize what you have been struggling with for weeks, months, or years, to express.  Because I am a constant student and I thoroughly enjoy learning, I read….a lot. 
 
This book was great!  It was easy to read and easy to understand.  By no means is this book technically informative, but if you are a mama who wants to capture better pictures of your babies or a camera owner that wants to know a bit more about how to approach a photo, this book is a great starting point.  Since I know a decent amount about my camera and the technicalities of taking a certain picture, I read this book for its approach to photography.  The tips on how to look at a subject, the reminders of certain lighting situations, the focus on the photographer as opposed to the camera, and the ease of read all made for a pleasurable read. 
 
Tamara Lackey has a website that you can browse here.

 Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!