Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

Freaking Out...It's Almost Half Marathon Time!

My FIRST half marathon is on SUNDAY.  Less than 36 hours and I will be in the middle of my first half marathon with my best friend by my side.  I'm excited, nervous, anxious, ready for it to be over, doubting my ability, pumping myself up, and completely freaking out.  Please pray that I stay mentally strong and keep my pace.  I can't let other runners intimidate me with their speedy feet.  Slow and steady is how I will run and finish this race.  I don't want to hurt myself.  I just want to finish and feel good about my accomplishment.  Oh and I really don't want to have tummy issues.  PLEASE say a little prayer that my tummy behaves and that the I gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now and the I'm going to puke feelings stay far away from me!  Thanks! I appreciate it! 
 
Last night I got this sweet belt to keep my ID, key and phone in.  I am really happy about it because I absolutely hate holding my phone and I despise arm straps...probably because I have horrible luck with them.  If I listened to music while I ran, I'd definitely search high and low for the perfect arm strap, but since I run best when I'm listening to my body, my breathing, my feet, my heart, and escaping inside my head, the belt suits me. It's a SPIbelt and cost me $19.99 at Dicks Sporting Goods.  I would normally look for a really good deal, but in this case, I needed it and I know that I will get a lot of use out of this belt.  Not only will I use it when I run and walk, but I will use it whenever I don't want to carry my purse and when we travel I can wear this under my clothing and keep personal ID items safe.
SPIbelt Running Belt - Dick's Sporting Goods

SPIL: 15-19
+Making tasty food from leftovers
+Hand in hand sunset walks
+Korean cobblers who call you beautiful
+Wine after a long day at work
+Freaking out about your first half marathon
+Movie date nights in

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!