Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Born on a Blue Day"

Born on a Blue Day: Inside the Extraordinary Mind of of an Autistic Savant 
by Daniel Tammet



In accordance with my new year's resolution to read 24 books this year, Born on a Blue Day was the 2nd book I read, but the 3rd one that I am blogging about.  This book was recommended to me by my amazing cousin who rivals me in my love for learning.  She is currently studying abroad in the beautiful country of Ireland, where I too studied abroad.  She's following in some solid footsteps :)

Ok, so back to the book.  It's good. Really good.  It is a memoir about his life from his birth through his current life.  The feelings, colors and images that he associates with numbers are mind blowing.  While he has a special relationship with numbers, his true love is language.  He can learn a language within 4 days.  It's outstanding!  I've always been interested in mental abilities and this story just adds to my curiosity.  

Much love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!