Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Book: “Your Baby In Pictures”


In accordance with my new year’s resolution, I am reading book styles that I haven’t read in the past.  While this is my second photography book for the year and only the second book that I have blogged about, I have been reading other styles and I will be blogging about them.  This is technically the 3rd book that I have finished this year and I am currently reading two others…Daring Greatly and Girls In White Dresses.

Your Baby In Pictures: The new parents’ guide to photographing your baby’s first year By: Me Ra Koh
No, I am not pregnant, but I have lots of friends who are either pregnant or have little ones and I have a strong desire to capture little ones in their essence.  This book is absolutely perfect for my goal.  I don’t want to capture upper posed pictures.  I want to capture the character and details of the child that only his mother and father really notice.  This book breaks down the baby’s first year into four stages: 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, and 9-12 months.  For each stage, Me Ra suggests 10 moments to capture.  These ten moments are everyday moments that are fleeting.  If you have a baby or know someone who has a baby, please tell them to look at this book or her website.  She tells you how to capture each of the photos with a DSLR and a Point & Shoot, so you don’t need a fancy camera to take amazing pictures and document your baby’s uniqueness. 

For each photo, Me Ra details the When, Prep, For P&S Users, For DSLR Users, Composure and Capture.  She provides just enough detail in a very simple and easy to understand fashion.  I am in love with her style because it captures what I see when I look at a baby.  The precious toes, adorable facial expressions that are constantly changing, the pride at being able to stand, the love pats while nursing.  It’s a heartfelt photography book!

Some of my favorite moments to capture are…

0-3 Months
First Breath, First Cry
Warm and Quiet: Bath Time
Nose to Nose
Tiny Yawns
The Fleeting Hair Swirl
Tiny Hands
The Big Bed
Tiny Cries
How Baby Wants to be Held

3-6 Months
Sleeping Baby
Tummy Time
Peek-a-boo!
Baby Hair
The Push-up
Baby & Toddler together
Sitting up Against Mommy
Baby faces
Standing Proud

6-9Months
The Unexpected Favorite Toy
Fascination with Hands, Toes, Tongue
Love Pats While Feeding
Flexibility
Standing
Baby & Dog Kisses
On the Move

9-12 Months
Chunky Legs!
Shoes
Messy Mealtime
Climbing the Stairs
Crazy Things/Positions They Love
Attempting to be a Big Kid Moments
Standing/Walking Proud
First Birthday

This book isn’t for everyone, but it’s a good one if you want to take pictures of children.  It’s also great for taking pictures that tell a story and capture your baby.  Lots of photos lack personality, but these are quite the contrary.  It’s the emotions and personalities and love that exude in these photos that I have fallen in love with. 

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!