Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Tomato Soup Recipe

There are tons of Tomato Soup recipes out there and I am not one to follow any recipe by the book, but a fellow blogger posted her tomato soup and it looked so amazing, so I figured I'd try it with a twist of my own...It was amazing!
 
I am the kind of cook that tends to add a dash of this and that, skip on some ingredients that I don't particularly enjoy, you know, make recipes my own. 
 
Ingredients:
2 large cans of crushed tomatoes
3 regular cans of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
4 fresh tomatoes
1 onion
2-5 garlic cloves- all depending on how much you enjoy the taste of garlic
1 tsp Soffritto
Pint of cream
Salt & Pepper to taste
 
Directions:
In a large sauce pan combine cans of tomatoes, chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped onion, garlic, salt & pepper, soffritto
 
 
Cook on medium until all the vegetable are soft and easily pureed. 
 
Puree sauce either in a blender or with a mixer (I've done it both ways and the results were similar). The goal is to have a smooth texture.
 

 
Pour in cream.
 
 
Mix cream in and let simmer on low for an hour.  The longer the flavors have to meld together, the better the soup tastes to me.
 
 
Enjoy a delicious bowl of tomato soup!
Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!