Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Photography Session for a Friend

On Friday, I photographed my friend at a local park as a present for her Grandmother.  This was the first time that I took pictures of someone by request.  I learned that it is very challenging to get a good shot.  There are so many little details that you don't notice until you are in the editing process, such as hand placement, hair in the face, grass movement, feet, etc.  I had a blast doing it, but am very aware that I need all the practice at shooting and editing that I can get.  Luckily, I have some wonderful girlfriends who will by my subjects for the time being! Thanks ladies.
 
Here is the beautiful Leslie!
 
 



 

 





 
Opinions please.  I am open to any and all comments. 
Much love.

4 comments:

  1. This is a good start! You are right, it's so hard to get a good shot (and it's still hard, 5 years after starting my photography journey).

    A couple things (please don't take this as me being mean, just trying to help!):
    - the framing of the shots is really great
    - photo 1, the blowout of the sky almost blends with the white of her shirt, which means she isn't standing out to me
    - photos 3 and 5, there is nature covering her pretty face!
    - did you desaturate some of them in photoshop? I like the 9th photo the best... bright nature, she stands out
    - a couple of these have a bit of a soft focus... make sure to focus on the eyes so that the face is in focus!

    But for real, these are an awesome start. It just gets easier over time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comments. I know I need all of the help I can get. I definitely need to work on being aware of the details in the photos (hand placement, hair, grass, etc.) and I need to work on my focus and editing skills.

      I will definitely focus on the eyes in the future. Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. the biggest thing that stands out to me, is that the white balance is off. the photos should look uniform in color if that makes sense. a little underexposed some and out of focus others. it takes a long time to get everything right. i still hate a lot of my current photos. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marjorie! I will work on the white balance. I need to find some videos that will help me understand better.
      I think your photography is getting better and better each time I see knew photos!

      Delete

I love comments!