Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Olympics #1: Team USA Attire

Who's excited for the SUMMER OLYMPICS?!?!  This crazy proud USA lady is!  And by default, my entire household is STOKED!  The summer Olympics are so much fun to watch!  The swimming, gymnastics, diving, track and field...oh baby, I'm excited! 

So a little Olympic fashion update:

According to an MSNBC.com article,

"As the official outfitter of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, Ralph Lauren designed both the opening and closing ceremony parade outfits as well as a collection of village wear apparel and accessories. This is the third consecutive time the company has designed the official outfits for Team USA.

Modeling the official gear — berets and all — on TODAY were Team USA soccer player Heather Mitts and fencer Tim Morehouse.

They were joined by David Lauren, Ralph Lauren's Executive Vice President. In designing the outfits, the company was "very inspired by the 1948 Games, which is the last time that American competed in England," he said of the "updated take on old-world elegance."




I'm totally diggin' the outfits.  Major props to Ralph Lauren for keeping it classy and traditional.  The berets add a little military representation which makes me proud and represents the freedom the United States has gained from the great sacrifices of our men and women that serve and have served in the military.  The only articles of clothing that I am a bit uncertain of are the socks...they are kind of bad ass and certainly fit they style of the late 40's early 50's, but I just don't know how I feel about them yet...

What are your thoughts?  Are you beyond excited? Any special plans or traditions for watching the Olympics? 

I fully intend on having the games on 24/7 while I am home and wearing a bit more red, white and blue during them! Heck, maybe I'll decorate my house, get a flag and go to town!  Creating memories for J-man is quite important to me!  If he is anything like me and my siblings when we were younger, watching the Olympics was a BIG deal and SUPER exciting.  My dreams and aspirations would go wild!  The US team is inspirational!

GO USA!

Much love.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooo i LOVE the olympics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea there was "official" attire! I like it a lot. I'm into traditional and classy. I'm really into gymnastics since I did that hard core as a kid. Watched the trails and enjoyed every minute. May watch swimming and diving as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, there is an official attire for the opening and closing ceremonies. The ones above are for the opening ceremony.

      Delete
  3. classy and traditional all the way!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!