Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Dancing the Night Away

Friday night was date night for husband and I!  We started off with a private dance lesson that covered all the dances we have learned since January...Rumba, Foxtrot, Hustle, East Coast Swing, Cha-Cha, Salsa, and West Coast Swing.  Husband did wonderful!  I was impressed.  During our lesson, we were informed it was our last private lesson of the first 20 sessions.  It was sad and exciting at the same time... but fear not, we aren't done.  We decided to give our instructor the go ahead to push us to the next level!  Insert happy dance for me! 

After our private lesson, we learned how to shag in group class! Get your mind out of the gutter, it's a dance!  A very simple dance... right (forward), left(together), right (back)... (in place)left, right, left...rock step (back)...repeat.  It was fun as always! 

But...the topping of the night was dancing freestyle with my baby!  We had a blast!  Everything just seemed to click.  We were smiling, dancing, kissing, and just relaxed!  Loved it!

Here are some pictures of the wonderful Arthur Murray family dancing the night away! They aren't the best pictures because...
a) I am still learning.
b) It's a darker studio with bright windows, so the lighting was throwing me off.
c) I was torn between capturing memories and dancing.
d) The urge to dance was stronger so photography took a back burner.







You know you want to dance!  Just do it!

Much love.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna lie: when you said the shag was simple and started to explain the steps, I was about to get up and try it myelf... but you lost me at (in place). You REALLY lost me at rock step. Oy. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I love you! Just step in place. As for the rock step, step back with your right foot and rock your weight back to your left foot. I guarantee that you do it, but just didn't know what it was called. :)

      Delete

I love comments!