Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I heart Music

Music makes me smile from the inside.  I don't this there is a single nonliving thing that impacts me the way music does.  It makes me feel passionately, reminds me of defining moments in life, helps me conquer long drives, bad days, beautiful moments.  It speaks to me.  Music is a universal language. Just like a smile. Or a tear. A laugh. A hug.

Last night I broke out my record player and listened to a little Johnny Cash "Thing Called Love" and after two rounds of that, I broke open my notebook with my ever growing list of songs "to buy."  On to iTunes I went.  I did not purchase a single song, rather I listened to the 60 second snippet of every song I wrote down and jotted notes as to whether it is worth $1.29 or not.  Most are worth it.  Tomorrow, the buying will commence.  Yay! 

Here is my list...it's varied.

"Somebody I Used to Know" by Gotye Feat. Kimbra
"Give Your Heart A Break" by Demi Lovato
"Part of Me" by Katy Perry
"Dancing Away With My Heart" by Lady Antebellum

What/Who are you listening to these days?!  I'd love to hear about your taste in music.  This is just what I have been diggin lately...along with some Amy Winehouse, Adele, Ben Vaugh, the 80's group Blondies, and some World Cafe Live music which is varied.  Please share!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!