Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey

I've been a reading machine lately and recently I decided to leave my comfort zone and read a series that has women all across America whispering.  I first heard about Fifty Shades of Grey on Good Morning America a few months back and made a mental note to look into it.  Well, I looked into it and discovered that it is a trilogy - Fifty Shades of Grey, Fifty Shades Darker, and Fifty Shades Freed.  Since I'm a sucker for trilogies, I went ahead and bought all three.  I was too embarrassed to rent them from the library.

The series follows a CEO with a troubled childhood, who favors the dominant and submissive sexual lifestyle, a college senior who is very inexperienced sexually, and their families through a story of learning to love, accepting people for the individual they are, and so on.  There is a lot of sex...raunchy sex...in this book, but there is also a very good story line.  Through the series, I learned a lot about different views of sex, the way a poor family life can impact a person for life, the need to be understanding and patient while also being firm in your beliefs and doing what you know to be right. 
It's a good series.  It took me less than three weeks to read all the books and they are 500+ pages each.  At one point, I was sick to my stomach because I was so involved with the characters.  I've never read a book like it, but I'm glad I went out of my comfort zone.
Feel free to ask any and all questions :) 
Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!