Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Words & Tunes

Quotes.
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars [and clouds]."
~Les Brown
My AP Calculus teacher told me this very quote when I was applying to colleges and I have never forgotten it.  If you don't shoot for the stars, you'll never know what you are fully capable of.  I've learned this time and time again.  Get out there. Try new thing. So what if you fall. You're strong. Get back up.  That's what I do.  That's what I was taught to do. That's what I want my kids to do.  I only hope that I can teach them that through the love, support, encouragement and optimism that I have to give them. 
"Don't ever mistake my silence for ignorance,
My calmness for acceptance,
And my kindness for weakness."
~Anonymous
True dat.
When I am silent, I am thinking and thinking hard while most likely biting my tongue.  When I am calm, I'm retreating into myself because I believe it is better to think before reacting.  Remember there's generally a calm before a storm.  Luckily, I rarely become a storm, but if I do, don't tell me you weren't warned. Hehe! 
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right--
for you'll be criticized anyway."
~Eleanor Roosevelt
My mama always said follow your gut and listen to your heart.  They know more than you know.  I believe this through and through.  If your gut tells you something is wrong. Remove yourself from the situation immediately.  If your heart tells you to go for it, take the plunge, let yourself love, then do it!  It will heal if it is broken.  Life isn't easy, but I'd rather it be exciting and challenging then safe and boring. 
"Music gives a soul to the universe,
Wings to the Mind,
Flight to the Imagination,
And Life to Everything."
~Anonymous

Music.
Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift ft. The Civil Wars (The Hunger Games)
I heard this song for the first time today and fell in love.  T. Swift is a great artist in my opinion and this song is not different, but completely different at the same time.  Her voice is higher, sweeter and a bit more "blue grassy" or something. 

Adele.  I love her.  She is better live than recorded which screams TALENTED to me!  

Books.

Bloom: Finding Beauty in the Unexpected, a Memoir by Kelle Hampton is a book that I am thoroughly looking forward to reading!  I preordered it and will for sure write a book review for it!  I follow Kelle over at Enjoying the Small Things.  She is a wonderful writer, photographer and person!  I am sure her book will reflect those wonderful things.  In the meantime, here is a sneak peak at what the book has to offer.

I'm in the process of reading a book about the Catholic faith, Rediscover Catholicism: A Spiritual Guide to Living with Passion & Purpose by Matthew Kelly.


It is new and focuses on key questions that are difficult to answer at times, the scandals that have been going on in the Church, the fact that Catholics are leaving the church, the facts - numbers, the good the Church does, and the need for Catholics to become more educated in their faith.  I rarely read about my faith, but that's to my ever questioning husband, I will be reading more so that I can better answer his questions.  I will let you all know how the book is when I finish it!

Much love.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, can not wait for Bloom. The last book sounds very interesting to me as well too. I hope you share more a out it when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered 5 copies!! Mother's Day presents all the way! I hope it is as amazing as I am dreaming it to be! I love her random quotes and the trailor!
      As for the Catholic book, it's good. I think it is $5 online. I am not that far into it, but it reads so much smoother than other Catholic books I have read which is really nice. I will be sure to write a review when I am done.

      Delete

I love comments!