Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Read Across America


Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! 

You were and still are a loved literary figure in my life!  From the sound of my little brother reading One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish at the age of two, to scouring the pages of Wacky Wednesday as a youngster, hearing How the Grinch Stole Christmas,  following along with Horton Hears a Who!, receiving The Places You'll go when I graduated college (yes, I said college my friends), I will forever hold fond memories of your wonderful stories! 

You teach littles their ABC's, how to count, an abundance of lessons and in some cases with your simple story structures the confidence that they can actually read! 

Reading is a love of mine!  Escaping into a good book, living through literary figures, admiring the author's writing style and enjoying some personal time is divine. 

Recently, I finished reading Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer.  It is a nonfiction book based on the travels of a young man across America.  Letters, journals and personal encounters are compiled of the young man's journey along with Jon's personal experiences and research are blended together to tell a story of...that is for you to figure out.  Each reader reacts and feels differently.  I thoroughly enjoyed the book and would recommend it to men and women alike.  It was referred to me by my best girlfriend and also by a good guy friend, so that alone should confirm that it is not a girly book.

I also read the Hunger Games series.  My recommendation is to read them. Period. They are an easy quick read, but they are great and the first movie is coming out this month!  I read all three in 5 days. They are page turners for sure!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!