Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Favorite "At Home" Workouts

I have been working at primarily from the privacy of my own home for the past two plus years and wanted to share what workouts/videos have enabled me to get the best results.

1. 8 Minute Abs...Yes, the '80's workout!  As much as it stinks, it works for both men and women; Ryan and I do it together!

2. Danskin Now Weighted Ball Workout with Mai Finnegan from Walmart!  This is a 24 minute complete body toning workout video.  There are three different weigh categories; 2 lb. which is basically pointless and then the 5 lb. and 8 lb. which have the same workout video and both work.  I have all three for various reasons (I only use the 2 lb. ones for walking), but if I were to rethink my purchases, I would only get the 8 lb. ball because within a week or so you will be able to do the entire workout.  My body instantly feels tighter when I do this.  When I lost 15 lbs over 2 months after college, I did this and I walked with stints of running for 45 minutes a day, along with minor diet changes. 




3. Walking/Jogging/Running - I am a true believer in traditional cardio.  Power walking is great for my body and with the fitter I get the more I increase my jogging/running distance.

On a side note, I have read that jumping on a trampoline can help prevent cells from clustering and therefore is a possible way to reduce chances of cancer, particularly breast cancer.  Has anyone ever heard of this before?  It was in a fitness magazine I read a few years back and haven't read anything since...

Also, if anyone has any "at home" workout suggestions, please feel free to add them in the comments section! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!