I cannot believe that my baby boy is already a week old. He has brought so much joy to my life. The love I feel for him is like no other. He made me a mommy and I cry the happiest of tears just thinking that. Ryan and I created a perfect tiny human and I am just in awe.
Maxwell has had quite the week.
- Sleeping on his mama's chest is his favorite place to be. We spend the early morning hours snuggled in bed like that. It's pure love.
- He had his first doctors appointment and weighed 6 lbs, just 2 oz below his birth weight. Oh and he shrunk a half an inch because his little cone went down!
- Ryan and I were christened by Max's pee during his bath! It was bound to happen.
- He loves to poo while he nurses.
- He's eating like a stud and actually letting mommy get some sleep!
- His first book, Good Night Moon, was read to him by his daddy. As Ryan finished reading the book, Maxwell ripped a good one! It was hilarious!
- His second book, On The Night You Were Born, was read to him by his mommy. He didn't fart :)
- He loves lights - Christmas tree, ceiling lights, TV
- He responds to voices, especially his mama's and papa's. Ryan's deep voice calms him. Mommy's voice makes him curious and generally hungry.
- Jared and Lira are both smitten with him and he thinks they are pretty cool! Jared is great with him, sometimes too confident for my nerves, and Lira just likes to lick his hands and face and sniff his tummy and bottom.
- He's working on his interlock golf grip (His daddy is proud).
- We went on our first outing to Target. Went to the Nex as a family and have experimented with the Moby wrap and the Bob stroller! All were successful!
- Most brands of newborn clothes are too big for him, so he pretty much wears the same few outfits over and over again, but he's growing!
One Week Old Photos
The Many Faces of Maxwell:
(His first photoshoot didn't go quite as planned, but that's life with a baby and I still love the pictures.)