Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Lipstick

Lipstick makes a statement.
Some people wear it to stand out.
Some people wear it to feel confident or pretty.
Some people wear because their mama’s wear it.
Some people wear it to conform.
It comes in fire engine red
And Hot Pink.
Its softer pinks and beiges are subtle, but pretty.
The options are endless.
In the end it all comes down to what we think looks good on our lips.

My mom is a red lady!
My gramma is a pearl pink lady!
I am a gloss, shimmer, natural lady….
But I’ve been known to break out the red from time to time!

Why a lipstick themed post?  Well, over Memorial Day weekend I visited my Gramma at her nursing home and she was in a sour mood.  She told me she was a “sack of potatoes these days.”  If you know my gramma, you know that is a bad sign.  If you know me, you know fresh air and or music are the cures for a sad soul.  Since it was super windy that day, I promised her I’d take her outside the next day.  I showed up Sunday morning with my Mom, Husband, stepson and puppy.  The first thing out of her mouth was “Get me my lipstick!”  Oh yea, Gramma’s back!!  She’s wheelchair bound and hurting in so many areas, but that lipstick makes her feel alive!  My mom held her compact while I put on her lipstick and then Gramma rubbed her lips together and smiled with approval!  Gosh I love her!

Lipstick on and she was ready to go for a walk in the sunshine!  Little Lira bee-booped up to her and ended up sitting on her lap after running around for a bit.  Pets can be quite soothing; I think Lira would be a great hospital dog.  She loves to be lazy and never refuses a scratch!


Pearl Pink Lipstick Lady!



Going for a walk with her daughter, granddaughter, grandson (inlaw), great grandson, great grandpuppy!

 
Great Grandson and Great Grandpuppy running!


Lira enjoying a relaxing ride with gramma!

P.S. What's your lipstick of choice?

Much love. 

1 comment:

I love comments!