Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dance update


Ahh!  My new dance shoes!  They aren't official dance shoes, but they are pretty close to ballroom regulation style shoes and I love them!  I will never wear them outside; they are only for dance floors! 

**They were originally $60 and this thrifty lady got them for $20!  Whoop!  It was actually extremely coincidence that they were on sale, but I am still very happy about the price.**

 Tonight wasn't a super smooth night of learning for Ryan and I, but it was still fun and successful!  We were introduced to the hustle for the first time...well, the first time for Ryan.  I have been dancing the hustle for about 10 years now, so it was a snap for me.  You'd think that since I knew what I was doing, it would be easier to learn as a couple.  WRONG.  By me knowing what I was doing and Ryan not knowing, it only caused frustration.  We both had the basic steps and turns, but there was one intricate move that we just were not getting.  

So far, we have learned the Rumba, Foxtrot, Waltz, West Coast Swing, Salsa, Cha Cha, and the Hustle.  Ryan loves the West Coast Swing, Cha Cha, Rumba, and Salsa, while I love the Rumba, Foxtrot and Hustle!  I enjoy the West Coast because Ryan enjoys it so much as well!  As a matter of fact, we are going to a west coast dance club this weekend at the oceanfront that I am beyond stoked about!  It will be our first time dancing outside of the studio!!  I'll be sure to update you all on how we do! 

I hope you all had an extra sweet Valentine's Day!  Ryan surprised me with these beauties!  I absolutely love tulips!  They aren't traditional and have an elegance to them...in my mind.


Much love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!